- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup water (roughly)
- 1/2 teaspoon seaSalt
- 1 long & slender carrot
- Mix flour and salt, and add water.
- Stir with chopsticks until it forms a ball. Add drops of water if needed.
- Knead (beat & fold) it with your hands (like kneading bread batter) several times.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Cut carrot in half.
- Wrap the carrot halves, pinch the seam, roll to even the batter.
- Make indentations with a chopstick. (please see the vine*)
- Steam them for 10 minutes.
- Slice them to use in Oden (or other stews).
* Here’s a vine (6second video loop) I made for a visual aid.