- 1 tablespoon oliveOil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- a dash of blackPepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- a pinch of seaSalt
- a dash of white wine
- 1 15oz (425g) can of sweet corn – undrained
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond cashew milk
- 1 small potato – peeled & diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of nutritionalYeast*
- 1 teaspoon of shiitake stock powder**
- some chopped parsley for garnish
- Pour oliveOil in a heated medium sauce pan.
- Add turmeric & blackPepper.
- Add finely diced onions & a pinch of seaSalt, and stir to cook for a few minutes.
- Pour a dash of white wine, and stir.
- Add the entire can of sweet corn (including the water in the can).
- Add almond cashew milk, and stir.
- Add the diced potato, and stir.
- Simmer with the lid on for several minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Add nutritionalYeast & shiitake stock powder, and stir.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve in the warmed bowls, and garnish with some chopped parsley.
Notes: Please adjust the amount of the almond cashew milk to achieve desired thickness of the soup. You can also purée a part of it to thicken.
It makes about 2.5 servings. (2 bowls & 1 cup of soup)
* I buy nutritionalYeast at the bulk section of Whole Foods Market, and store it in the glass jar in the freezer. It lasts for several months.
** shiitake stock powder can be found at the Asian supermarket.
Here’s a vine video for visual aid.
Happy cooking & eating!