Ingredients (for two servings)
- 2 tablespoons oliveOil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- a dash of blackPepper
- 1/2 diced cup pressed firm tofu
- 2~3 shiitake mushrooms – chopped
- 1 cup steamed broccoli – chopped
- 2~3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almondMilk
- 4 oz dried pasta – cooked al dente
- a dash of Riesling (or Chardonnay)
- 2~3 teaspoons of nutritionalYeast
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Boil water for cooking pasta. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to water. (Placing a lid will speed up boiling)
- Usually, dry pasta I buy has 8 servings, so I divide them into two jars, & use 1/2 jar of pasta at a time (1/4 of the package of 16 oz dry pasta).
- (While boiling the water for pasta,) Heat up a frying pan, add oliveOil, turmeric, & blackPepper. Then, add tofu & shiitake, and stir.
- Add garlic & broccoli to (3), & mix.
- Add Dijon mustard, unsweetened almondMilk, & Riesling (white wine) to (4), and stir.
- Add cooked pasta to (5), and mix well.
- Add nutritionalYeast & groundFlaxseed to (6), and stir until thickened.
- Serve on (warmed) dishes, salt & pepper to taste, garnish with parsley.
Notes: When adding pasta to the boiling water, keep stirring for about a minute, then place the lid, and turn off the stove. Set the timer for remaining minutes minus 1 minute. This method will prevent the pasta water from boiling over while chopping other ingredients, etc. When the timer beeps, stir and leave the lid off until ready to use the pasta. The timing is usually pretty good.