Time to stop making fun of tofu!
Seriously, I mean it. It’s a
good great food which has been around much much longer than any sausages or burgers. And unlike them, tofu is healthy!
For those who still don’t know what tofu is, tofu is made from soybeans. Have you had Edamame? Edamame is the young green soybeans. If you like Edamame, chances are, you’d like tofu, too.
Without further ado, here’s a version of tofu scramble.
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 cumin
- 1/2 chili powder (I used chipotle & thyme)
- (a dash of ground sage, optional)
- a dash of BlackPepper
- 1~2 Tablespoons of OliveOil
- 1/2 cup Eggplant, diced
- 3~4 Shiitake, chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk of Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion, finely diced
- 3~4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2/3 package of Firm Tofu, crumbled
- 5~6 BroccoliLuv, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of nutritionalYeast
- SeaSalt & whitePepper to taste
- 2~3 teaspoons of ponzu
- Put spices (turmeric, cumin, chili, thyme, & sage) & oliveOil in the pan, at medium heat.
- Immediately after the spices, before the pan gets too hot (remove from heat if it starts to smoke), add all chopped vegetables (except the flowerbud tips of broccoliLuv), and stir fry.
- Cover the pot, and let it pan-steam for 5 minutes or so at low heat.
- Add hand crumbled tofu, and further break them with ladles as you mix with the vegetables.
- Add seaSalt, whitePepper, & ponzu to taste.
- Add broccoliLuv flowerbud tips on top, sprinkle the nutritionalYeast, cover to pan-steam for 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice & warm potatoe+carrot salad*
As always, here’s a vine loop.
Happy cooking & eating!
* Warm potato+carrot salad is super easy! It makes a quick n fab side dish.