This is super quick n easy!
I used to dislike carrots, but thanks to our late rescue rabbits, I was persuaded to buy the fresh organic carrots with tops still attached all the time. Since the rabbits preferred the top green parts, I had to start eating more carrots. lol
So this recipe has been born. I love it. Hope you love it, too.
What you need: (for 4 servings)
- 2~3 potatoes, washed & diced to bite-sizes (potato skin is good for you, don’t peel them!)(oh, Yukon works well for this recipe)
- 2 carrots, washed & diced to bite-sizes
- 2~3 teaspoons of OliveOil (or coconutOil)
- SeaSalt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley (or cilantro or scallions–as in the photo)
- (Garlic powder – optional flavor)
- (NutritionalYeast – optional flavor)
- Place the diced potatoes and carrots in a saucepan and add (purified) water to cover them. Add a pinch of seaSalt.
- Reduce heat to simmer as it start to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or so until potatoes (carrots cooks faster than potatoes) are cooked. I usually taste one to be sure.
- Drain the water, holding the lid carefully (oh, if you blow on the hand that’s holding the lid, the steam won’t burn you).
- Don’t worry if small amount of water is left in the pan, it will be emulsified as you add the oil and mix. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley (or cilantro), mix, and cover to let it steam a bit with the residual heat.
- Serve hot or warm, & enjoy!
You can add a little garlic powder and/or nutritionalYeast to flavor as well.
If there’s any leftover, add some Dijon mustard and hummus (or vegan mayo) to make a cold potato salad for the next day!
Happy cooking and eating!
P.S. I’ll make a vine video loop the next time I make this. (＾ｰ^)ノ☆