This is much easier & tastier than the conventional white sauce that uses flour and butter. So I hope you try it!
What I’ve used (for 2 servings)
- 1/4 onion (orange-sized) sliced
- 1 cup of OysterMushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 yellow summerSquash (≒ 2cups) chopped to bitesize
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- A dash of blackPepper
- 1~2 tablespoons of oliveOil
- 1 teaspoon of shiitake powder-stock*
- A pinch of lemonZest**
- A dash of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of DijonMustard
- 1/2 cup of almondCashewMilk
- 2 teaspoons of ground Flaxeed as thickening agent
- 4oz (1/4 package of most) dry pasta boiled al dente
- (Habanero)SeaSalt to taste
- (Thai)Basil & kale for garnish & digestive aid
- Slice & prepare onion, garlic, OysterMushrooms, & squash.
- Heat the frypan (w/ a lid), add turmeric, blackPepper, & oliveOil.
- Add prepared onion, OysterMushrooms, & garlic in the pan & stir.
- Add squash & stir.
- Reduce heat to low, place the lid, & simmer.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in another pot.
- Add white wine, DijonMustard, almondCashewMilk, shiitake powder stock, ground flaxseed, & lemon nZest, and stir.
- Add the boiled pasta to the creamy mix.
- SeaSalt to taste, and garnish with basil & kale.
- Enjoy eating!
* shiitake powder stock: you can find this at most Japanese (Asian) grocery stores. It has sodium, so I only add salt to taste at the end of cooking when I use this.
** lemonZest: I always keep some organic julienned lemonZest in the freezer. It gives a depth to the dish. Besides, I LOVE cooking with lemons.
Here’s a visual aid:
Happy cooking & eating! 😋
Btw, this recipe is similar to my Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta.