What you need (in this example): makes 2 servings
- Non-stick pan with a lid
- OliveOil (1-2 tablespoons)
- Turmeric (1/2 teaspoon)
- BlackPepper (a dash)
- SeaSalt (1/8 teaspoon)
- Onion (1/2 big sweet onion)
- Broccoli (1 good size stalk)
- BakedTofu (1/2 package)
- WhiteWine (2 tablespoons)
- LemonPonzu* (1-2 tablespoons)
- Plain cooked rice** (1 cup)
- Prepare veggies and tofu by cutting them into bite sizes.
- Put oliveOil, turmeric, blackPepper, and salt in the pan, turn on the stove to medium heat.
- Add the prepared veggies in the pan, add wine, place the lid, and cook (panSteam) for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add baked tofu, stir lightly, put the lid back on, and panSteam for another 10 minutes or so on slightly lower medium heat.
- Add LemonPonzu to taste, stir, turn off the stove, and put the lid back on until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve next to plain cooked rice, and enjoy eating!
The whole thing will take about 30~40 minutes.
* LemonPonzu: I make lemon ponzu. It’s made of fresh lemon juice, mirin (Japanese sweet cooking sake), and soysauce in 1:1:1 ratio. I keep it in a jar in the fridge. It’s a wonder seasoning for any vegetable, and well worth the effort to keep this available in the fridge at all time.
** I have a rice cooker. Rice (even white rice) is the best source of carbohydrate, and I eat it almost everyday. But even if you don’t, I highly recommend having one. Rice goes well with tomato sauce, too, instead of pasta!
There you have it! If you’re new to (vegan) cooking, I hope you try this.
Thanks for reading.
Happy cooking & eating!!!