Basic oatmeal for two
- 1.5 cup (filtered) water
- 1/2 cup (organic) rolled oats
- 3 TBSPs ground flaxseeds
Mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan, let it cook in medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover to steep for a few minutes.
Now for oatmealette
- The basic oatmeal for two
- 2 TBSPs Garbanzo+Fava flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A few peppers (I used jalapeño, cubanelle, & yellow lunch peppers) – sliced
- 1/6 packaged firm tofu – drained (I just squeeze chunks gently in my hand over the sink)
- A few sprig of parsley (optional)
- 2~3 TBSPs Daiya vegan “Mozzarella” shreds
- A dash of Riesling (≒1TBSP)
- A dash of paprika (≒1tsp)
- SeaSalt & pepper to taste
I use the non-stick pan with the lid.
- Add coconutOil to the pan, and let it melt to coat the pan.
- Add garbanzo+fava flour to basic oatmeal you just made, stir until blended. Then scoop it onto the oiled pan.
- Spread the oatmeal mix in the pan with a silicon spatula. (Low to medium heat)
- Add chopped peppers, tofu, & Daiya vegan “cheese” shreds. (Also parsley if you like.)
- Fold in the oatmeal mix to shape like an omelette. (Take your time 😉
- Add a dash of Riesling, place the lid to let it steam for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt & pepper to taste.
- Enjoy eating!
The oatmealette is soft & fluffy, rather than flipping, I pan-steam it to cook. You can use your favorite veggies. I just so happened to have peppers from the community garden now. They go so well!
If it’s difficult to shape an omelette, you can say you made an oatmeal frittata! It’ll taste the same. 😘
Here are some Twitter videos.
Happy cooking & eating!