I love fried rice. I got a hang of making vegan fried rice, I found myself simplifying the method & ingredients the other night.
So here it is.
- 1 tablespoon OliveOil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- Dash of BlackPepper
- 1/4 package ExtraFirm Tofu
- 2 tablespoon hummus
- Cubanelle & Jalapeño peppers*
- 2-3 Cremini Mushrooms*
- 2 cups Cooked BrownRice
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Add Turmeric, BlackPepper, & OliveOil in a fryPan on medium heat.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of Tofu in your hand, add to the pan as crumbling it. Don’t worry about moisture, much of it will evaporate.
- Add hummus, & quickly stir.
- Add diced Peppers & Mushrooms, & stir.
- Add BrownRice, & stir.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt, & white pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, & sprinkle soySauce, & stir.
- Serve & enjoy eating while it’s hot!
Here’s a twitter video:
* Regular fleshy peppers will take longer to reduce the excess moisture.
White or Shiitake mushrooms would be fine, too.
I recommend getting a rice cooker if you don’t have one. Rice is the best carbohydrate to give me sustainable energy.
I would add minced ginger, too. It’ll give a little zing!
Happy cooking & eating!